Here’s a working out tip to help you make progress in a strength training routine. Lifting weight can be really complicated and intimidating. This is especially true when it comes time to increase the intensity. Do you add more reps, more weight, if so, how much?
To keep it simple, follow these guidelines:
- When you first begin lifting, select a weight that starts to make you struggle around rep 8. Begin by doing 3 sets of 10.
- When that becomes comfortable, increase to 3 sets of 12 reps.
- When THAT becomes easy, do 3 sets of 15 – all with the same size weight.
- Once that becomes easy, you can move up to the next weight size and go back to doing 3 sets of 10.
- You then start the whole process again.
Increasing your weight according to these steps will help keep your muscles challenged and simultaneously increase your overall strength and endurance.